If you want to sue for a personal injury claim, and together we have determined that your case should be further investigated, our next step will be to review the financial aspects of the investigation again. It is very important that you have sufficient financial information in order to make the decision to move forward with your case. Effectively, you are investing money in order to determine if you have a case. This retainer fee is not refundable in the event the investigation does not support the case.
Retainers create the lawyer-client relationship. This money is used to finance the investigation, which includes:
- Obtaining copies of clinical and hospital records
- Conducting medical research
- Obtaining medical opinions from experts
- In some instances, paying for court fees to commence a lawsuit to protect your rights while the investigation continues
- Providing an opinion to you about your case